Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need Synscan v3.36 firmware for Sky-Watcher EQ6 Mount?

EMFLOCATER

Hi Folks. Rather then upgrade my SW EQ6 mount to Synscan Firmware v3.37 because of some issues/bugs especially in using GPS....I would rather download v3.36. The problem is I cannot find it on the Sky-Watcher Site. Can some direct me to where exactly v3.36 is so I can download it please.

Also I see there is a most recent firmware update to the motor control. Has anyone updated this firmware issue free?

Cheers

Don

Hmmm! Now I'm more confused. I had read others did not like v3.35 at all. They went to v3.37 then went back to v3.36. Does v3.35 work with the SW EQ6 GPS Module? What mount are you using with v3.35....are you using EQMOD direct without the handcontrol at all? Have they or will be correcting v3.37? Lastly what firmware version are you using for motor control and were if I decide do I get v3.35 to download because I can't find that on the Sky-Watcher site.

Anyone else want to chime in their versions there using along with the SW GPS Module that versions work best.

Cheers

Don

3.36 had a serious bug whereby you couldn't restart from a previous park position - so no good if you had a permanent set-up. If you just take your scope out each night then this is not an issue and 3.36 should be fine.

NigelM

I am finding out that it really doesn't matter what version I get or have because I have been told that since I am going to run the mount with EQMOD Direct that the hand controller is removed and EQMOD will do everything and more the the hand control wished it could do and done right!

Cheers

Don

Archived