NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Athlone (Eire) Observing Site anyone?

kev

Okay, Im coming over for 12 days in saturday (if you want a laugh at my timing look at the Holyhead weather forecast for that day), on the ferry, for work again.

Going to be based at Moate, near Athlone. In new new biuld area (Ard Gainne), so its not particularly dark like it was at Feakle/ Mountshannon.

Anyone know of any good spots nearby to observe from?

Kev

Not familiar with the area but do bring WARM clothes. Its just turned sub-zero here in Ireland today with snow expected along west/northwest coasts and extending into the midlands (that will be Athlone). Today there was a thin layer of ice on my car for the 1st time this winter.

Enjoy your stay here and i hope someone can point you in the right direction. It shouldnt be too hard to find dark skies in the middle of the country. Nice COLD clear weather expected so perfect observing conditions.

Archived