NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spacerock-UK meteorites at FLO

FLO

On 31 December 2015 at 14:21, Celeste said:

Just saw these on your site, the pic for the Campo Del Cielo rocks, the top right one.....do you have that exact one in store still? I ask because it looks like it has a heart on it. I'd love to have that rock  :grin:

Sorry I missed your question, the actual meteorites in the photos will have sold but we have other similar examples. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a number of pieces of the Chelyabinsk LL5 chondrite meteorite that entered Earth's atmosphere over Russia on 15th February 2013.

Travelling at over 40,000 mph it quickly became a brilliant superbolide meteor over the Southern Ural region with light from the meteor appearing brighter than the Sun up to 100km away.

The object then exploded over Chelyabinsk Oblast at a height of around 18.4 miles, generating a bright flash, a hot cloud of dust and gas and many surviving fragmentary meteorites. 

chelyabinsk_meteorite_russia_astronaut.j

Archived