Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Suggestions please for a beginner book[s]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see you have included Sir Patrick Moore's Data book of Astronomy, I have this publication and it is not only packed from cover to cover with data, but it is also an exceptionally good informative read, this is the expansion of the first publication of SPM "the Guinness book of Astronomical Facts and Feats, first published circa 1979, which I also have a copy of. As you are investing in a GOTO Dob, of very good aperture, this book should serve you well.  

I would also recommend " The Illustrated guide to Astronomical Wonders" this should also be a big help  when you want to discover the interesting objects to observe in each of our Constellations,  enjoy your Astronomy and the forum :)

I see you have included Sir Patrick Moore's Data book of Astronomy, I have this publication and it is not only packed from cover to cover with data, but it is also an exceptionally good informative read, this is the expansion of the first publication of SPM "the Guinness book of Astronomical Facts and Feats, first published circa 1979, which I also have a copy of. As you are investing in a GOTO Dob, of very good aperture, this book should serve you well.  

I would also recommend " The Illustrated guide to Astronomical Wonders" this should also be a big help  when you want to discover the interesting objects to observe in each of our Constellations,  enjoy your Astronomy and the forum :)

Wonderful, thanks glowjet, have noted the 'Illustrated Guide', sounds excellent. I'm just reading the Sir Patrick's teach yourself, a very readable author  :smiley: Most grateful for the kind help & advice.

Astronomers are certainly a wonderful band of brother (& sisters)  :cool:

many thanks again, Bill

Archived