Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Correct configuration for camera connections to APT?

This might be a silly question and I'm getting unnecessarily confused, but I've just started using APT with my EOS 350d, and a QHY5L-II for guiding, and I don't really understand the line in the APT User Guide for Multi-Camera Support which says "The setup creates 3 icons “APT”, “APT Camera 1”, “APT Camera 2”. The first two can be used if you have one camera. The last is used when you want to use second camera."

If for example, I connect "APT Camera 1" to my guide camera, and "APT Camera 2" to my 350d, why would I need to use "APT" instance at all?  Is there something really obvious that I'm not understanding?

Grateful for any help that the good people of SGL may be able to provide.

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

Why do you want to connect 2 cameras to APT? I don't use it but I suspect this feature is for people using 3 imaging cameras & scopes all at once - the wealthy folk shooting R-G-B on separate scopes.

For a standard set up all you would need is your imaging camera through APT and the guide camera would be running through PHD or such like. Sorry if I've misunderstood your question.

Steve

Archived