Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hard Case for EdgeHD 8" SCT and the Mount

Hi All, sorry to be bugging you with this.

I'm currently on a lookout for a hard case to transport my new (awaiting) EdgeHD 8 OTA, possibly something with wheels on it so that I don't do my back in and something else for the tripod and the head.

I don't mind finding something which can carry both my OTA and the mount head and I can then throw the tripod in a duffle bag of some sort. Just don't know what to find ... the dimensions I know are confusing the hell out of me.

I do not intend to fork out £500 (silly money) for a hard case that Celestron produces, but something which had a room for me to pad it with foam.

Was looking at the Stanley mobile tool chest type thing (http://www.diy.com/departments/stanley-pro-mobile-tool-chest/261674_BQ.prd?gclid=CLW_oLXw5cgCFUg8Gwod9ZcJ5g&ppc_type=shopping&ecamp=SEAPLA261674_BQ&ef_id=VikN1QAAAVo4lv-4:20151028191610:s)

Anyone of you recommend anything would be awesome. Mind you i'll be dragging my OTA and mount through the tube :)

Cheers fellas

Well that's not a bad shout mate, because I can strap some of the storage boxes on this with my scope and mount on them.

Would love to see what others have to say about it as well. Keeping my options open for the time being and then choose the best available option. Obviously not wanting to break my bank with the purchase :)

Hi there,

I use this to transport my gear around the garden. It is full to the brim with various cases and although I'm not good at DIY and the instructions were less than poor I managed to assemble it within an hour. I am in the process of making a lid for it so I can use as a desktop to put my laptop, tea, bickies and books on whilst stargazing. It is too short to put my AVX tripod in but I use a couple of bungee straps on the side. It is very stable when wheeling it around but has no brakes so care has to be taken when leaving it unattended.

Regards

Archived