Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A question about using 1.25" filters

Gareth88

I'm asking for all your best solutions that are not to expensive ( Max £40 if need to spend ) if I need to buy any adaptors, I've currently got my canon eos 100d unmodded ( as I love this camera far to much to get any modification on it ) attached through a t-thread into the telescope and was thinking how to attach a filter to lower the lp where I live as it does add a orange glow to all the pictures I took.

Now I figured a few ways, but still need some good advice as to what is right and rong..

I use a qhy5 for guiding through a 9x50 finderscope so today was just messing with the 1.25" nosepiece and notice it fits onto the t-mount and the filter fits on the end, is this a solution?

Also noticed it fits on a x2 Barlow, but don't think il be able to focus it ..

Obviously i securely fix the camera by wrapping the strap round anything and everything near by as it's just far to expensive to fall onto concrete slabs!

I was just messing around in gimp, and added abit more blue, to the " more blue image " me thinks it's very pretty.

Ither way not a bad attempt for my first deep sky

post-46916-0-55563100-1445164655_thumb.j

post-46916-0-56131000-1445164674_thumb.j

post-46916-0-57596100-1445164720_thumb.j

You may get vignetting by using the 1.25" nose cone, you will have to try it to find out.

This would however be a simple way to connect the filter.

First two pics are nice, the blue image shows hints over sharpening around the stars - you can create a star mask to avoid sharpening stars.

It is also either slightly out of focus or bad pixel rejection has hollowed out the stars.

If you are using Gimp make sure you use version 2.9 as 2.8 doesn't support 16bit images. Either that or do a stretch in DSS first otherwise you will lose all your faint data.

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I mean when you perform iterations of levels and curves to bring out the fine detail. If you do this in 8 bit software you end up with an image that has lost all the fine detail.

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived