Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M45 ATIK 383l+ Mono

Rudeviewer

I tend to feel that a mixture of the three would be best. The first has the colour intensity, the second is deeper with decent colour intensity and the third is deeper still but is beginning to 'grow' the stars and lose local contrasts. How you would go about the pulling in of the best of all worlds in PI I simply don't know. In Photoshop you'd use layers. Can you do this kind of thing in Photoshop? Can you ever!!

Very good M45 and for a remarkably short integration time. This is very impressive and very beautiful.

Olly

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

I tend to feel that a mixture of the three would be best. The first has the colour intensity, the second is deeper with decent colour intensity and the third is deeper still but is beginning to 'grow' the stars and lose local contrasts. How you would go about the pulling in of the best of all worlds in PI I simply don't know. In Photoshop you'd use layers. Can you do this kind of thing in Photoshop? Can you ever!!

Very good M45 and for a remarkably short integration time. This is very impressive and very beautiful.

Olly

Thank you very much Olly, I will try and see if i can integrate the 3 together into something that is as good as if not better then the last image i posed.  I am still learning Layer Masks in Photoshop....when and how to use them and create them.  I can perform a star alignment in pixinsight and get them matched together and try it from there see what i come up with.  

18 minutes ago, Rudeviewer said:

Thank you very much Olly, I will try and see if i can integrate the 3 together into something that is as good as if not better then the last image i posed.  I am still learning Layer Masks in Photoshop....when and how to use them and create them.  I can perform a star alignment in pixinsight and get them matched together and try it from there see what i come up with.  

Don't forget that, in Ps, you can put an intensely coloured but under-stretched version on top of a well stretched but under-coloured one. If you set the top layer to blend mode colour you might get the best of both worlds.

Olly

Jeff, what is the difference from a normal mask to a clipping mask?

So far i have tried to put all three of these together with unsuccessful results.  I don't like any of the changes it makes so far with the masks i have created, maybe ill take a step back from it and work on more masking techniques in PS.

Archived