NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Synscan PEC Training not working

Purplehayze104

Hi All

thought id have a go at PEC training thru synscan on my mount the other nite & for the life of me couldn't get it to work, am I missing something or would anyone have an idea why this mite be happening ? it goes thru the motions of letting me in to the routine then asks to choose either 0.25 or 0.5 (usually 0.5) then ok but when it starts the timer off it says to make corrections using the left n right buttons but nothing happens the mount don't move either way, admittedly I do 2-3 star alignment first before Ive tryed this, so could this be my problem. any info would be appreciated.

clear skies

john

What magnification are you at when you run it? It's recommended to go very high say 300x so you can see the errors and corrections made from the handset. I actually use my DSLR through EOS utilities at 200x and it works fine using my MacBook rather than us an EP.

arh ok well I tend to stick in the illuminated crosshair reticle eyepiece which I think is around 12mm so no where near 300x are the movements that tiny that I wouldn't notice any movement ? I have a 2.5x barlow maybe I should stick it in that

The default speed on the sky is 2x I think, so if you are training at 0.5x then it will take 4 times as long as usual to move a given distance. But just hold the key down for a long time - eventually the star should move (and actually you should hear the RA motor change sound immediately you press the button).  If it doesn't, then something is wrong (or maybe you have a lot of backlash?).

NigelM

Archived