Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

oaCapture 0.8.0 released

JamesF

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is possible, but how can I do ?

I'll leave that for a moment I think.  First I'll try to build a version with debugging enabled in the UVC library.  That might shed some light on what is happening.

James

Sorry I did not see your message

eric@MIRPHAK:~$ iduid=1000(eric) gid=1000(eric) groupes=1000(eric),4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),115(lpadmin),130(sambashare)

No problem.  Can you add yourself to the "users" group and try again?  You'll need to log out and log in again for the change to take effect.

James

No problem.  Can you add yourself to the "users" group and try again?  You'll need to log out and log in again for the change to take effect.

James

Ok, done:

iduid=1000(eric) gid=1000(eric) groupes=1000(eric),4(adm),20(dialout),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),100(users),115(lpadmin),130(sambashare)

Well, that's progress :)

I'd guess that to get colour you may need to change enable demosaic in the "options" menu and then possibly try each of the mosaic format options in the "settings" menu to find the one that works.

James

Excellent :)

I'm not sure about the 12fps issue at the moment.  As far as I recall these cameras do restrict the frame rate if they can't negotiate enough bandwidth on the USB bus to deliver frames of the requested size at the requested rate.  I have no idea if that is the problem here though.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Hi James,

First, thanks for the great work to get the ASI cameras to work on linux. I am building an all-sky set up with an ASI224 and a Raspberry Pi. Version 0.8.0 works great but I was wondering if there was a command line version of the application. My plan was to start oaCapture with a cron task so I could start capturing images without the need for clicking on the gui. That would also let the system restart by itself upon power failures (which happens fairly often up here).

Sorry if this subject has been mentioned elsewhere already but I thought I would ask since you talked about it when you released version 0.2.0.

Thanks

Thomas

Archived