SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Low Power Eyepiece to match Hyperions

AndyWB

Right, I've been using my Equinox 80 as my grab and go lately, but I'm getting really annoyed with the difference between between the 10 and 5mm Hyperions I'm using, and the 28mm Maxvision. They're massively different focus - like other ends of the focusser travel. And I keep forgetting to transfer the 28mm Maxvision to the right case...

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts of a reasonably parfocal 2" eyepiece for low power - preferably somewhere in the 30-32mm range? (And not absurdly expensive.)

Hi Andy, thinking of ep's, the Baader Hyperion Aspheric would seem the obvious choice given your current configuration, though I don't know how parfocal it would be with its siblings, perhaps this is something you could check with FLO.  Failing that I favour the SW Panaview 32mm, a stunning ep for its relatively low cost, a no-nonsense alternative in my view, but parfocaliality(?!) unknown. It would not perform so well in your 250px as it is best at f/6 or over though on-axis it would be good.

Archived