NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Last night a success for several reasons.

bomberbaz

Well last night I got to see my first lunar eclipse which was an amazing experience and one I shall not forget. I really did find it a very strange experience as it seemed to cool a few degrees around totallity, appeared to go even quieter (yes I know it was 3 in the morning) and the darkening of the sky in general only added to this, I really found it quite emotional. Pictures to follow.

The other thing going on was a mini workout for the new lady in my life (Nikon HW), only gave it a brief going over, tried it on a few larger open clusters and suffice to say I am cutting a new foam for my box later this week. (note to self, always collimate before you start viewing) More on this later.

Finally I put in place some new, garden DIY light shielding, very simple and very effective. All this together made my wait up into the early hours a very worthwhile evening. http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/253690-garden-light-shield/

Steve

Archived