NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera Tilt

KyleStoke

Hello All

I recently upgraded the focuser for my SWED80 to a Moonlite which I have to say makes the scope feel about a million times better but i feel that everything is not quite lined up correctly.

I do not have the cash currently to get CCD inspector so i searched the web and came across Maxselector which is freeware and I believe does something similar.

My problem is interpreting the results which are as follows :-

post-26007-0-58502900-1442860848.png

This seems to suggest i have a tilt in my setup to the left of the image as you look at it and gives some figures, I don't know if this is a big tilt etc. If anyone has any input id appreciate it. 

Many thanks for looking

Kyle

I can't interpret it too well either, but looks more to me like a curved field (do you have a flattener on it?). Yes, I see that on the right but you would need to try rotating the camera, preferably at 90deg increments and repeat, then you'll know if it's the camera or the focuser.

ChrisH

FunkyKoval35 after you said about what the picture was off i tried a different sub and the result was completely different, i now don't trust the results

attachicon.gifCamera Tilt 2.png

To use CCD Inspector, or Maxselector You MUST use pictures with stars only. It is very important that there is no other objects like galaxies, nebulas etc...

To use CCD Inspector, or Maxselector You MUST use pictures with stars only. It is very important that there is no other objects like galaxies, nebulas etc...

Ahh i see I didn't know this i will have to wait until i get a clear night and some time then i will test agai, Thanks for your help

I tried MaxSelector some time back and had the same problem that I couldn't make head nor tail of the output.  CCDI is much more informative and useable but sadly much more expensive.

Yea very expensive for something i wouldn't use very often

Archived