Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Olly made me do it

Still awaiting my TEC 140.  Yuri says "late spring".  Paid £880 deposit last October so I'll be up for £5000 odd April time!  Looking forward to it though, should be a fantastic for lunar, planets and double stars that I love.  Also AP!!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my doublet APM 140ED F/7 arrived early in December following thorough testing in Germany.  The weather was unkind so it was three weeks before I got to try it.  It did not work well, so I returned it to APM UK to be looked at.  It was realigned and is now on its way back to me.  I hope it survives the trip this time. 

On 04/02/2016 at 22:25, cs1cjc said:

Well my doublet APM 140ED F/7 arrived early in December following thorough testing in Germany.  The weather was unkind so it was three weeks before I got to try it.  It did not work well, so I returned it to APM UK to be looked at.  It was realigned and is now on its way back to me.  I hope it survives the trip this time. 

In a brief gap between the storms last night I managed to get the APM 140/7 out.  This time the optical alignment looks good!  In a very short time, I was able to view the lack of spikes on Sirius and defocussed, a very nice Airy disc at 210X. I looked at Castor, M41/M42 and M1.  I had a brief moment on Jupiter at 41x only before it disappeared into cloud.  I felt a bit of a wimp bringing it back in when there was little sky to see, but it was raining very hard indeed in less than half an hour.  I await better weather for a longer look.

On 02/02/2016 at 20:34, kirkster501 said:

Still awaiting my TEC 140.  Yuri says "late spring".  Paid £880 deposit last October so I'll be up for £5000 odd April time!  Looking forward to it though, should be a fantastic for lunar, planets and double stars that I love.  Also AP!!!!!

Quoting my own post here but the dollar/sterling exchange rate is doing me no favors at all regarding paying the $6000 balance :(

Archived