NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

some help with a youtube video anyone

proflight2000

Hi all

I am in the process at the moment of building a video to be placed on youtube highlighting some of the real pretty things out there, lots of these videos are used by kids etc for studies. What I intend doing if it is ok is to collect from yourselves (if thats ok too) some of your pretty pictures, I would ask that you put your name as the copyright owner in the bottom left of the picture so that it is visible when the movie plays.

The Title (again if it is ok) will name the stargazers lounge as the principle source of material, basically, it will give it publicity to a huge audience. So if anyone is interested in donating some good snaps id be more than happy to place them in the video. Due to size constraints the video can only be of a certain size. What would help if you could do it for me is to place on the photo next to your name the distance of the object in light years, could I say, these need to be photos which are visible to a person using a telescope from earth, if you have a link to the photo then all the better as I can right click and save it as a jpeg.

Anyways, thanks for your help, and if anyone has ideas id be more than happy to use them, been toying with this for a long time and it would be great if a wider audience could see what can and is done by amateur astronomers from the ground. Thanks all.

You're more than welcome to use any of mine if you want to amigo. Have a look through my pics on UK Astronomers and if you want any, I'll frame them and do the necessary.

Tony..

Hi Tony

Best idea if possible is for you to choose what one you want me to use, then copyright it and put (yt) next to your name, then ill know thats the one you want me to use, I can then copy paste it into a folder to add later. If anyone else could also do this then leave a message in here that you have a photo and ill do the same, thanks all.

I think that's a fine Idea PF. I'm sure you will find cooperation from all the SGL imagers, so you will have some fine imagery to put on the vid. Tony's set the ball rolling for you.

Good luck with it mate. :angry:

Ron.

Thanks! :( Btw, it's perfectly ok with me if you decide not to use any of them. In hindsight, I realized you're probably aiming for telescopic contributions but you did say you wanted something 'pretty', and there's nothing prettier than a good Auroral storm. :angry:

Thanks Carol, dont look like a great deal of take up at the moment, if all else fails ill use yours as well and then add from the internet. Must say, the colour spectrum in your pictures really is nice, the nearest thing to something like that here most of the time is a boring old rainbow.

Archived