Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

18 hours into the crescent

We posted this object a few weeks ago when we had accumulated 5 1/2 hours of data on it. We have since been frantically adding to it, and have now managed to rack up 18 hours of data. After being forced to ditch 7 green exposures due to not paying attention to focus (slapped wrists there :angry9: ). So this is now a combination of 5 hrs 10 mins in ha, 5 hrs 20 mins in red, 1 hr 40 mins in green and 6 hrs 10 in blue. It was taken with the Atik 460EX, through the Tak FSQ106N, processed in Pixinsight. We have posted our previous image here to illustrate the difference the extra data has made.The next clear night we get we will start capturing some oiii- not sure how much we need (any suggestions?) but will have to experiment!

All comments welcomed.

Dave and Zoe

post-26103-0-40844700-1442173047_thumb.p

post-26103-0-60697700-1442173083_thumb.p

Hmmm.... For 5 hours on a Tak in Ha, I'd expect a bit more fluff - I think maybe you have clipped the black point a little too much. Also, the crescent needs to be protected when stretching - a layer mask will fix that. You've definitely got data thats good enough, but unfortunately I cant advise you on PI (I use Ps) and as to how to get the most out of your data.

Archived