NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which filter next OIII or SII?

Steve789

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, salesmanship is a skilled art form. I am currently waiting for the Chinese to realize that their march into industrialization is wreaking havoc on their landscape by way of toxic-waste oozing into all their rivers and lakes - rendering it more and more difficult to maintain a clean water supply. Then - through their experience in selling useless junk to  European and American marketplaces - coming up witth a brilliant solution combining capitalist marketing skill with environmental-activism to get paid for getting rid of their poisonous by-products: Advertising that a new scientific breakthrough in medicine has resulted in a new vitamin product - which contains all your daily needs for maintaining a balanced dose of essential nutrients. In it we are assured are 100% of:

Bismuth, Lead, Chromium, Polonium, Cadmium, Mercury, Uranium (both 238 & 235), Berrylium, Radon, Thallium, Plutonium, Antimony, Arsenic.....

I'll be drafting the final proposal to float to Beijing over the weekend. To appease the different government agencies here in the US, I will suggest a warning be printed on the boxes that taking more than the suggested dose may result in critical-mass.

Goodbye!

Dave

IMHO it depends on what you want to do...

If for example I wanted  to "produce" an equivalent to RGB photo but only in NB and I didn't had the money to take them all at once my purchasing plan order would be first the Ha then O-III => H-β => S-II => N-II => and if I wanted to be very thorough last filter would be the He-III.

The reason for this (as we can see in the following wavelength chart from Starizona) is that Ha, OIII and Hβ can represent with ease the R,G,B colors of the usual broadband emissions. The rest three (SII, NII and He) are very close to red and blue so I'd only want them for more color-precise AP.

In any case this was only a usage example as there are a lot of different approaches when someone goes to more "scientific" usage of filters. So again it depends on what you want to do...

post-47040-0-56461000-1443034344.jpg

Archived