Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Come ports and USB hub

MartinB

With the silly, stupid, complicated set up I'm still trying to sort out I have serial ports for the mount, adaptive optics, filter wheel and electric focuser. My laptop has one serial port and I'm also using serial to usb adaptors into a powered usb hub. One problem is that the com port numbers assigned to the hub start at 10. A couple of my drivers only allow com ports 1 - 9. Is there any way of changing the designation of the com ports from the hub??

Martin,

I've not tried it much in anger, but Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

Select the port to change by right clicking and selecting Properties on the drop down menu -> Port Settings tab -> Advanced button and then change using the drop down list. When I did it, it said all the low numbered ports were in use - I ignored that and went ahead, it seemed to work OK.

HTH

Mike

Archived