Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Dandelion Galaxy

Cloudwatcher

I was playing around with an image of M63,one of those that ended up on the edge of the frame after I had kicked the tripod,trying to salvage something when it struck me that the 'Sun Flower Galaxy' might be a misnomer! Well,as far as my image is concerned anyway. :(

Being stuck on the edge it appeared a tad distorted and I couldn't pull out much detail but a lot of stars close to the galaxy did appear when under high-res and reminded me of little Dandelion 'parachutes' being blown off in the wind. (I need a holiday)

By the way,did you know that the Sun Flower and the Dandelion are of the same family? With that in mind I added an extra tweak to the image in the name of equality,fraternity and anti-establishmentarianism! :angry:

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Very perceptive of you CW. I think you have more than your share of the Artist in you.

It looks almost real mate. Do you know, when we were kids, we used to blow on them to tell the time.

However many goes it took to remove all the seeds, was an indication of what time it was.It was very unreliable, as I got many a thrashing for getting home late. :angry:

Ron. :(

Ron,

Then they wrote this rhyme for you......

The dandelion puff is a very queer clock,

It doesnt go 'Tick' and it doesnt go @Tock',

It doesnt have hands, and it hasnt got a chime,

And I really dont think it can tell you the time!!

Unlike CW's Dandy Lion which could, technically, tell you the time, given a little other data I presume.

TJ

You must have had plenty of posh toys to play with when you were a kid then TJ.

I only had natures playthings I'm afraid.

Good poem that, but I kinda think you just made it up. :angry:

Ron.

Do you know, when we were kids, we used to blow on them to tell the time.

However many goes it took to remove all the seeds, was an indication of what time it was.It was very unreliable, as I got many a thrashing for getting home late. :(

Ron. :p

Me too,Ron.

Course wouldn't happen now,what with Global Warming and all.

They all run fast now so you would be home early! :angry:

Cheers

CW

Archived