SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Small counterweight for Celestron AVX

Droogie 2001

I am looking for a smaller i.e lighter

Counterweight for my Celestron AVX mount. This is because I am setting up a DSLR camera to sit on top of the mount. I have all of the accessories (ADM Vixen bar and DSLR clamp) and these fit perfectly but the stock 5kg (11lb) is too heavy even when it is up as far up the counter weight bar as it will go.

I have heard that a small Orion counterweight 2.5lb or 5lb but firstly I cannot find any as well I don't want to purchase one only to find it doesn't fit.

Does anyone have an alternative ideally I want a 'slick' solution and not a small bag of sand tethered to the counter weight bar.

Someone has even suggested one of these but again it is not something that appear easy to acquire:

http://www.amazon.com/Stage-Stand-Counter-Weight-35453/dp/B0010HCI66/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1423884010&sr=8-4&keywords=Boom+counterweight

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived