Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is the name of that telescope you can rent?

Remember seeing a link to a website where you can purchase credits to 'hire' a telescope remotely. Don't have time for DSO imaging myself at the moment so thought this might be a useful alternative. Can't remember if it was land based or not or indeed name if the site. Anyone know if it, used it and recommend it?

I keep a list of them as a friend used to use Slooh and said it went downhill a bit and they changed to the Bradford one (I think).

What happens is each time they ask me what I think for the setup. Which is a bit odd as I have little interest in them, so I end up keeping the website and trying to dig out the good or bad aspects. Bad is often simply cost.

The Bradford one has seemed to produce images biased towards the red end of the spectrum from what I gather and the examples sent to me. So throughly check what you set for it. I do not know if it is a characteristic of the setup there or incorrect user setup. Would be interested in the balance that you get from one or two images when/if you get round to using it.

Sure I have come across one or two others, also I think recently I read of one of the US universities or observatories (big one) offering a simialr service.

Thanks for the Bradford link, will go save it now.

Personally I use Slooh and really like the images it produces

I don't and never have used it, friend did, no idea what the problem was, I just got informed they were not happy and had switched from Slooh to the Bradford one. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I have enough scopes, do not want to rent another.

Have plans to possibly build myself 2 more anyway.

For Jimbo747, search for "remote telescope imaging rental" several options turn up.

Archived