NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Crayford focuser. Options for attaching tubes etc.

Hi there,

I have a 2" crayford focuser on my Skywatcher 150 pds. I have been having some problems with possible poor fitting of Coma Corrector into the tube with the two screws at the end of the tube. I have been advised (by a moderator on another forum) to drill and tap another hole to give three screw fixing that might resolve the problems. I am not the worlds best DIY person and do not want to take the risk of making things worse. I do not even own a workbench or or vice, so would have to pay money to buy the basics.

Does anyone know of any other ways, or different attachments that can be placed on the drawtube instead of the current sleeve and 2 screws that will allow a strong, central attachment of 2" tubes to the focuser. My main use is imaging with a DSLR so I do not want the camera dropping!

Thanks, Tim. 

You could look at a Baader "Click Lock" they work with 3 rollers that tighten up as the lock lever is pushed round, you may not have enough inward travel though....

Just had a look on the web. It looks like the thread on my focuser is M54 which it looks like Baader don't do for their clicklocks. Shame...

Whenever I need some esoteric part or other, I always look in ScopeStuff. These folks have some absolutely amazing items in their inventory. And questions are cheerfully answered. Here you go:

http://www.scopestuff.com/

No problems with orders from other nations.

I don't know if they can help you in this one, but it's well worth bookmarking the site for the who-knows-what you may need tomorrow.

Good luck,

Dave

Archived