Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Herefordshire Astronomical Society

The second meeting of this new society will be held this Thursday 1st May at the Kindle Centre by the Asda Store, Hereford starting at 7.30pm. The topic is the History of the Telescope by Paul Haley. In addition members are welcome to bring their own telescopes to explain, if they want, their observing experiences.

Mark

Hey Mark,

I hope the meeting went well. Unfortunately I couldn't get there tonight. It was my youngest daughter's 4th birthday and I was behind on my Open University S282 assignment !

Rob :angry:

Hello Rob

Yes about 30 members turned up. Paul Haley gave a talk on the history of the telescope from 1609 to 1860. He also covered the work of the 3 famous Victorian astronomers from Herefordshire - Rev Thomas Webb, Rev Henry Cooper- Key and George Henry With. Some members brought along their telescope and astro equipment and gave a brief explanation on their observing. Hope to see you in June.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Archived