Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Starry night help

Ok, dunno if this is the correct place for this.. but this is still equipment, isn't it? :p

I got hold of Starry Night Pro Plus 6 couple of days ago. The thing is, the only planetarium software I used before was Cartes Du Ciel - free, easy and simple. So you can imagine my reaction when I saw what the Starry Night is capable of! although its manual seams to be dummy-proof, it is 208 pages long! And I can't seem to get along with it :angry: . I feel extremely confused.

The problem I have is, apart from not really getting it at all, when I try to add the image to the object (M13, lets say) the pop up window comes up saying that "SNPP6 encountered a problem and needs to close blah blah blah". anyone came across something similar?

The other question is, if i zoom in to a particular object (lets stay with a M13), it is "hollowed out" i.e. the program shows me the edges of a cluster, however there's nothing in the centre. So I was wondering, if that's how it should be, and the image should be added by me or the installation skipped images for some reason? :insects1: (oh, and I do get the planet images all right)

I know sound's silly, but hey, I feel that way :) it's like trying to run before you can walk :( .

Marius

Archived