Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Dark Sky Site - Clerk Laithe Lodge in Lancashire

Hi All

Just thought I would share with you the first officially recognised dark sky site in Lancashire (Milky Way Class).  Clerk Laither Lodge is just outside Clitheroe and offers some awesome views on clear nights for those in the North West that are looking for somewhere not too far to travel.  I arrived unannounced at 11pm last night and was greeted in the car park by the owner who invited me in for a coffee and explained how they got their rating and what they were hoping for.  After a brief 20 minute chat (lovely bloke), I was taken out to the field behind the B&B.  WOW, having never seen the Milky Way before I was blown away (I know there are better locations out there, but this place is only an hour away for me).  Several Perseids were also seen throughout the few hours I was there.  I don't have the best equipment by any stretch of the imagination, and I'm sure if some of you guys visit the resulting images will be amazing, but here is my first ever Milky Way shot.

I will definitely be going back!

post-38272-0-63500100-1439379931_thumb.j

I wish I had a dark site like that nearby!

First time I saw the Milky Way was in Death Valley (desert not far from Las Vegas) a couple of years ago. It was truly amazing...to bad there are no deserts around Stockholm :)

/Patrik

Archived