NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My new scope

After much dithering I have taken the plunge and bought an Orion Optics 10 inch f6.3 with the 1/10 mirror and electric focusser.

As I concentrate on planet and lunar this may be my last scope.

I will be putting it on the new EQ6, it appears to be far cheaper and have a better load bearing ratio to what OO offer with the scope.

The scope will also (just) fit into my car so dark skies will once again be available.

I very nearly bought the OO ten inch OMC, but I thought one less piece of glass to view through wold give me a better ( if less portable view.)

I might even do a review on the scope ;)

As I concentrate on planet and lunar this may be my last scope.

Is any scope really a last scope? Well done though, the 10" is going to give you buckets of enjoyment - can't wait for you first light report!!! ;)

After much dithering I have taken the plunge and bought an Orion Optics 10 inch f6.3 with the 1/10 mirror and electric focusser.

Fantastic ;):(:)

I would love something like that. I've been very impressed with the planetary views that my 8 inch F6 dob has provided. I guess for longer FL newts OO are the only game in town at the present time.

If you can find time to jot down your thoughts on it when you have used it that would great !.

John

Archived