SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

LL - Clusters, Galaxies, Nebula and a Comet

Ain Soph Aur

These are LL images I made tonight using a C8 SCT at f/3.7 and color Lodestar X2. This is my 3'rd night of imaging with LL and I am having a great time. I can hardly wait to get the mono Lodestar replaced and give it a try.

Comet C/2014 Q2 (Lovejoy)

Comet.C.2014.Q2.Lovejoy_2015.7.14_00.01.

A fantastic set of observations, very pleased you are having lots of fun!

I agree with Don, you have definitely got to grips with the system very quickly, and the set-up looks to be working very nicely!

I really like the globular shots  :grin:

Some excellent results there! Are you using nonlinear brightness compression? If not, for the nebula shots in particular it really helps (and for M51/M101 also).

Hi Martin. I used x^0.25 for all of the GC shots to help keep the nucleus being over-exposed. While I have tried using x^0.25 for other targets, it seems to suppress the color components in targets that have color. I admit to not experimenting very much with Arcsinh. I suspect I will use that mode often once I get the X2 Mono replaced. Would definitely appreciate any and all advice!

Hi Martin. I used x^0.25 for all of the GC shots to help keep the nucleus being over-exposed. While I have tried using x^0.25 for other targets, it seems to suppress the color components in targets that have color. I admit to not experimenting very much with Arcsinh. I suspect I will use that mode often once I get the X2 Mono replaced. Would definitely appreciate any and all advice!

Brandon,

Using x^0.25 definitely washes out the color, but it can be restored by adjusting the color saturation control from 1 to about 3. You can judge it as you move the slider.

Don

Awesome pics. Excuse the rookie question: what is "LL"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chuck,

LL is Lodestar Live software developed by Paul (aka, Paul81). It works with the SX Lodestar cameras to create a near real time viewing experience. It's available for both Mac and Windows. Paul offers it as a free download here on SGL. It is one of the slickest programs I have ever used. Brandon's images are a good example of what can be achieved using a Lodestar X2c and LL.

Don

Chuck,

LL is Lodestar Live software developed by Paul (aka, Paul81). It works with the SX Lodestar cameras to create a near real time viewing experience. It's available for both Mac and Windows. Paul offers it as a free download here on SGL. It is one of the slickest programs I have ever used. Brandon's images are a good example of what can be achieved using a Lodestar X2c and LL.

Don

Thanks, Don. Appreciate the info. Impressive results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived