HELP WITH A FEW BASICS, PLEASE

I am having a few teething problems with this site, nothing complicated for a five year old but for me grrrr.

How do I attach a photo?

How can set up a "signature"? like you guys use to show what gear you have.

Can you adjust the telescope focus remotely (up to 10m)?

Thanks  Andy

I Have the following:- CELESTRON SKYPRODIGY 6sct, CANON EOS 1200D, DECENT LAPTOP AND SOFTWARE PLUS LOTS OF EYE PIECES AND CABLES.

For attachments, if you click on the 'more reply options' button bottom left when creating or replying to a topic, that will add a section to the bottom of the screen. From there you can browse to and attach files from, your computer.

If your image is hosted on another site, you can click the image button on the toolbar to enter the image's URL.

For signatures, click on your username top right and select 'My Profile'. Click on the 'Edit my Profile' button top right. In the my setting screen, the left pane will have an option for signature. Click on that and enter your signature in the text box and 'save' when you are done.

For most scopes you can fit an electric focusser.

A useful tip when posting is to not change the font. A large, bold font makes it look like you are shouting ;)

This is the sort of thing you want for remote focusing - but I use it as an example only cos I don't think it's compatible with your scope (check with retailer). The controller for attachment to a computer is below the electronic focuser. Hth :)

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/skywatcher-auto-focuser.html

For attachments, if you click on the 'more reply options' button bottom left when creating or replying to a topic, that will add a section to the bottom of the screen. From there you can browse to and attach files from, your computer.

If your image is hosted on another site, you can click the image button on the toolbar to enter the image's URL.

For signatures, click on your username top right and select 'My Profile'. Click on the 'Edit my Profile' button top right. In the my setting screen, the left pane will have an option for signature. Click on that and enter your signature in the text box and 'save' when you are done.

A useful tip when posting is to not change the font. A large, bold font makes it look like you are shouting ;)

Thank you so much for your guidance, it will take a bit of time for me to digest.

Apologies about using larger fonts etc. it is simply that I am registered as partially sighted and cannot read 'normal' font sizes, I have got one of my carers to type a reply so that I don't appear to be shouting, sorry for any offence.

This is the sort of thing you want for remote focusing - but I use it as an example only cos I don't think it's compatible with your scope (check with retailer). The controller for attachment to a computer is below the electronic focuser. Hth :)

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/astronomy-cables-leads-accessories/skywatcher-auto-focuser.html

Thank you for the link to the auto-focus image, strangely enough my background lends itself to improvising and I have a plan on paper of a high torque slow RPM 12v reversible motor and a variable rheostat 2 way. Which looks pretty much like the image you pointed me to. So by co-incidence I might be approaching it the correct way, if my idea fails to work I shall check out a retailer, my local one is still working out which end is which, on a pencil. 

Thanks again

Andy

Archived