Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New "Introduction to PixInsight and its Interface" (Basics) Tutorial

Read here: http://lightvortexastronomy.blogspot.com/2015/07/tutorial-pixinsight-introduction-to.html

Due to my summer holidays off work starting today, I am activating Beast Mode and revamping my PixInsight tutorials on Light Vortex Astronomy. The revamp will address all the shortcomings in my older tutorials by replacing them with more consistent tutorials that teach from the basics all the way up to workflows, with various simple and complex techniques explained in the middle. They are also more up-to-date to both, PixInsight itself and my way of working with images. 

I start off with my Basics tutorial on PixInsight, titled "Introduction to PixInsight and its Interface". This is meant to take someone from saying "What is this hellish program and how do even start using it?" to someone who is competent enough to know where stuff is and try stuff out, with the ins and outs of the different features. 

This would be considered essential reading for anyone following my new tutorials as this will be assumed knowledge, thus optimising my writing to be more concise and to-the-point. Enjoy!

I have updated the screenshots on all my current tutorials, including this one, to display them at full-resolution as captured. It should be much easier to read settings on them now.

• 5 months later...

Archived