NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bresser Professional line

Having just joined the forum as a relative newcomer to the hobby I wonder if someone would be kind enough to answer a couple of questions regarding 6" refractors. Does anyone know what the " Bresser Professional Line " of telescopes is or was?. I have just bought one fitted with a very nice Williams optics dual focuser. ( worth the purchase price for this alone )

The other questions regards the collimation screws, it doesn't appear to have any. If anyone could answer these two questions I'd be very gratefull.

i owned a bresser ar150 a few years ago very nice scope it did what it ment to with a bit of ca the only thing what was a problem was the weight i had it on a eq5 and with all the stuff attached it was just too heavy,i think a eq6 would be a min,ive since settled with the ar127l the 5inch for my main frac and it works great.

Having just joined the forum as a relative newcomer to the hobby I wonder if someone would be kind enough to answer a couple of questions regarding 6" refractors. Does anyone know what the " Bresser Professional Line " of telescopes is or was?. I have just bought one fitted with a very nice Williams optics dual focuser. ( worth the purchase price for this alone )

The other questions regards the collimation screws, it doesn't appear to have any. If anyone could answer these two questions I'd be very gratefull.

The Bresser Professional Line series were the same as the Skywatcher Evostar refactors. The Bresser branded ones were the first of the 150mm F/8 chinese refractors to get to the UK back in the 1990's. They did not have a collimation facility in their objective lens cells. This feature was introduced in the ones branded Helios and later Skywatcher. The same scopes were also available under Celestron, Konus and Saxon branding. 

If you need to adjust the collimation of the ones without a collimation facility you need to shim either the focuser where it meets the tube or the objective cell.

Welcome to the forum by the way :smiley:

Archived