NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

6 inch Ritchey-Cretien from GSO

Hello everyone! I have seen the 6 inch RC from GSO and it looks nice to me since I have an HEQ5 and I am planning to take deep sky  photographs. I know that the f/9 is not quite good but I am planning to use a focal reducer to maybe take it to a f/6.5.What i would like to know is how big the field of view at f/9 for a APS sized CMOS sensor like the ones on the Canon 600D,650D,100D actually is?What about for f/6.5?Also, will the tube work on the HEQ5?

I have found the same scope made by different brands at different wheights.The one from GSO has 5.4 kg.

If this is your first foray into astrophotography you might want to reconsider your scope choice. I have an eight inch RC and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a beginner.

A short fast refractor would be my scope of choice to start out with. I've just remounted my 80/480 after 4 months of doing battle with the RC. I'm back to the easy life again.

I had to make this choice less than a year ago and settled on the GSO 6"newt. I just couldn't accept the idea of a FOV which wouldn't fit M42 and some other popular targets. Eventually, my skills will be up to the challenges of longer FL and capturing at a longer FL will give me more choices. I'm sure not all will agree with the specifics, but I see my arsenal eventually being: 200mm lens, 300mm lens, 150/750 newt, and 6: RC. One advantage being keeping the same mount for all. Then comes the QHY9 :evil:

I know that M42 won't fit, but i hope that it will if i put a focal reducer in it.The thing that i hope to be able to do is to observe small targets without the focal reducer and to observe large objects with the focal reducer in.What do you think?

Adrian

Clear skies! :smiley:

Archived