Problem with eyepieces

Magrene

Hello everyone, so I am very new to astronomy and if you have seen a few of my posts i've only had about 4 real observation sessions due to this great summer weather we are having in New York. I have ran into a few problems. My 6.2 mm eyepiece had a smudge on it I think from someone grabbing it irresponsibly and getting finger print on it. So I figured no big deal use some 91% isopropyl alcohol. So I did that used qtips and cotton balls. q tips to spread cotton balls to dab dry. It looks like not everything evaporated. I'm thinking it was the other 9% which is water. So that eyepiece works fine but is not preforming where I feel it should be due to the fact that it is now fogged and I lack the resources currently to clean it. My 25mm eyepiece was perfect up until last night. Had it setup on an angle trying to avoid a spot light in a park I was in. As went down to take a look at it I wasn't paying attention and my lip hit right into it :__(. Now it has a nice smudge on it image will be attached. My question is what can I use to clean these as I know these issues aren't irreparable i just need the right equipment I was thinking of buying a cleaning kit from Orion but would like advice from here. Thank you for your time everyone 

post-44380-0-71816300-1435242875_thumb.j

use a microfiber cloth, the cotton left behind some bits and pieces

You think that those deposits could be the cotton and the water interacting keeping the water there as they are clearly not particles.

You think that those deposits could be the cotton and the water interacting keeping the water there as they are clearly not particles.

to me they look like fine cotton fibers, now the monitor i am currently using isnt the greatest of quality, but that is what it looks like to me

I may be wrong,  I normally am :)

to me they look like fine cotton fibers, now the monitor i am currently using isnt the greatest of quality, but that is what it looks like to me

I may be wrong,  I normally am :)

Oh that is my other eyepiece with a smudge I know what that is. I didn't get an image of my 6.2 mm I will try to get one later. I haven't cleaned the 25mm because I don't want the same thing to happen to the 25mm.

It does look like fibre residue, as suggested try microfiber  cloths , Baader wonder fluid or kimwipes! (optical grade wipes)

Would the microfiber cloth that came with my eyeglasses be sufficient?

Archived