Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starizona USA

Physopto

Hi everyone,

This is just a short review of my order for the Microtouch electronic focuser from Starizona in the USA.

After some discussion with Dean Koenig of Starizona, I decided on the wired version to fit my Feathertouch 3.5” focuser.

The order was placed on the 31/03/2015 I was told that it could be a couple of weeks as one part was being made.

By the 8/04/2015 I had not heard anything  so I emailed them and was then told that:“Unfortunately we are waiting on parts for the Direct Drive Focuser.

Should be ready to ship within a week or two.”

I waited expecting an email but none came.

By the 5/05/2015 I was becoming a bit fed up and emailed them again for an update. I was told in a return email “Motor housing are going into platers today.  We are getting close”.

No more information forthcoming.

I contacted them again on the 22/05/2015 to ask what was happening.

Then again on the 5/06/2015. I was then told that “So sorry for the delay. I will have to check with one of our guys who does the assembling and he will be gone this weekend. So first thing early next week I will check the status of your order”.

I heard no more until I contacted them again 20/06/2015. The answer I got was that it had cleared customs and a tracking number.

I checked up and found that they had sent it on the 10/06 2015 and it was in the Parcel Force depot awaiting payment of duty and VAT. There was no email to inform me that it had been dispatched!

Dean Koenig and Donna of Starizona were very nice people to talk to on the telephone, so why could they not inform me as to what was happening each couple of weeks? An update every so often would have allayed any misgivings or worry on my part. I would have thought that an informed customer would have been to both our advantages.

If necessary I will happily use them again, but am now fore warned of their lack of customer updates.

The focuser purchased is of the highest quality ( I love it, it just exudes quality)  and well worth the wait, but some updates as to what had transpired in the interim  would have been very welcome!

Derek

Archived