Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Spend my Money for me.......

Have had a slight windfall and now have £5K to spend.

Am happy with my mount and OTA and am now thinking of taking the plunge into the heady world of CCD imaging.

Have ben having a look see at what is what and have to say am rather overwhelmed with what is on offer and which way to go.

Questions are which camera / filter wheel / filters combo would people go for with my scope and mount (details are in my sig)

Have no allegiance to any particular camera manufacturer as have not used any yet, just want what will eb the best for my set-up really.

Thanks in advance

Been giving this some thought lately as well. I started out leaning towards the Sony chipped variants, but after numerous exchanges with the helpful folks here, I've come down on the side of the QHY9 with the filter wheel and KAF 8300 sensor. With a set of Baader NB filters, still under $2500. Personally I'd go (as I did) to an OAG and efficient mono guide cam. If you went this way, you'd have budget left to add a longer FL scope as well, like a MN190 or 8"RC either of which would integrate well. Perhaps spend the extra cash on a vacation to a dark site? I'd love to drop in on Olly...;-)

Archived