NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What Can I See With My Binoculars?

It's partly cloudy here tonight so rather than carting everything outside I thought I might just use the bino's. They're 10x50's.

What should I be able to see with them? M45 should be visible to me, shouldn't it? Anything else of note?

Cheers.

Nearly full moon tonight but you may find the Andromeda galaxy, maybe the Auriga clusters and m13 glob in hercules. But that moon is bright and will wash out a lot.

Its always worth having a try with binoculars. They're vastly under-rated IMHO

Cheers. Not sure I'll see Andromeda. I don't get a very good view low in the sky to the north. M13 should be ok though although I'm going to have a streetlight nearby when I'm looking east :?

West and south is far better for me.

Have a nosy around and note where the stuff you find is. You can then look up what you saw later.

Beats waiting for the clouds to move away from where you want to look, only to find you can't see it.

Look for clusters of stars, you might find the beehive which is good, in the south west now. See if you can spot any satellites, they're kind of fun to watch, and look at the plough stars as one of the handle stars is a double that splits easily with binoculars.

Always stuff to look at with a pair of 10 x 50s.

Kaptain klevtsov

Archived