Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astronomik Filters

Physopto

Last Autumn I spent time imaging the Horsehead. I was very disappointed with the halos around Altinak. I was using Astronomik filters. I have a full set of LRGB and Narrow Band (Ha, Hb, OIII and SII ).

I looked on Astronomik web site where thy gave instructions about emailing your images with halos, to them. I did as instructed including my serial numbers and gave details of where I had bought the filters. Also the details of what's cope and CCD I was using. After about 4/5 days I received an email telling me that they would replace all of my narrowband set bar the Hb filter, as that was no longer made in 1.25". They also said that they would send out the filters before I returned the originals. The LRGB set could not be replaced as yet as the latest types were not ready as yet.

Sure enough true to their word my new set of narrowband came though a few days later. They then emailed me to say that I my information would be kept on file and when the new types were available they would let me know and send out a replacement set. I sent the old filters back via the Post Office insured as promised.

The person I was dealing with was Eric-Sven Vesting, I cannot thank him enough for his polite dilligence and attention to my problem.

The new filters have yet to be tested but I am hoping for a good result, as they now have extra blocking coatings to combat the dreaded halo problems.

I am not associated with Astronomik in any way but certainly applauded their customer support. I cannot fault their service in any way.

Derek

• 10 months later...

Hi this is just a addendum to a past post on Astronomik filters.  Last June I posted a review on the replacement of my Ha, O111 and S11 filters that were exhibiting Halos around the bright stars. At that time I was told that the new LRGB were not as then in production but would be changed out under the Astronomik guarantee when they were available. I have patiently waited for some time but found that they were now available. As  I had not heard back from Eric-Sven Vesting or Oliver who also works there, I sent an email and sure enough had a reply within a few hours. Eric explained that they had moved premises and it had been forgotten in the move. He assured ma that the replacements would be sent straight away, that was the 2-5-2016. Then next day I got the confirmation email that was so.

Unfortunately the delivery people had other ideas. After several days I asked where the filters were. Then a reply stating that a whole consignment was indeed missing. Today the filters arrived  as promised 9-5-2016, so not too long waited. 

Sterling service from Eric-Sven Vesting and  Oliver of  Astronomik

Their guarantee is as good as stated.

Derek

• RikM locked this topic

Archived