NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which pallet?

Earl

I have Ha Nii and OIII data

and im not sold on which pallet to process, these are just combined and screen transfer, any thoughts? ( id did it at 3 am i cant recall which is which.

post-6688-684478_thumb.png

I have been pondering getting a RGB star set to put on top.

I know how to remove stars, but im not sure how I remove the nebular from a RGB image and just move the stars over, I think it can be done in PI with star masks to some extent, when the moon is out the way ill have  look at it.

I just create a tight star mask in PI and then use PixelMath to do an iterative  ($T * 0.6) + (RGB * 0.4) type expression to gradually blend them in. works ok for me.

Thanks ill tinker with that when i have the data.

I think I have a few more pallet options to play with, Ill have a look when im back at home

Just checked moon rise and i think this is very doable (RGB stars) tonight and then an extra OIII sub to balance things out. Thats 2 hours worth of stuff to do starting at 12 ish i think.

Archived