Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Does anyone use a QHY5-II with an OAG

Uplooker

Hi, interested to know if anyone here uses a QHY5-II, specifically the one with the MT9M034 sensor with an OAG? I ask about this sensor as I believe it to be the more sensitive of the two QHY5-II cameras.

How do you fare getting a guide star?

Ideally, I would get a Lodestar x2 but really just can't afford one at the moment.

I plan on using the guide camera with 6" Newt, SX 7 position FW and SX OAG.

I look forward to you responses.

Sent from my Fone

• 2 weeks later...

I have used my QHY5L-IIc (color version of the same sensor you are asking) with my OAG at full focal length (f/10) on my C8.

Sensitive enough to easily use mag 10 stars. The monochrome version will be even more sensitive so it should definitely be fine.

Where I struggled was with the QHY drivers and Windows 7 x64. The drivers where never stable when using the camera with PHD2.

I finally went to a standalone autoguider (MGEN 2) and never look back. Just works beautifully and no need for a notebook PC anymore (PC was routinely running out of juice in the midst of imaging sessions as I use a portable setup).

cs, Cray

Archived