Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skymaster skymax 127 supatrak not tracking

Hi all,

I have recently bought the above scope and find it is not tracking properly.

I level the tripod, I set it up north, I have entered my latitude and use the same last two buttons to centre the object as I do for the levelling, but an object like the moon with a 25mm eyepiece will be out of view within 5 mins.

Could I be doing something wrong??

Or this a common fault??

I just need to know before returning it.

Thanks.

I don't know that mount, but for the moon did you set the tracking rate from Sidereal to Lunar ? On the NexStar, the default setting after powerup is always Sidereal. The moon moves much quicker and needs a different tracking rate.

Just an update,

Went back to shop today (Telescope House) and they change the electronic arm and controller with no problem.

All worked well tonight so thumbs up to Telescope House for a great after sales service!

regards,

Blueranger.

• 3 months later...

Your right Phantom levelling is important....I did use your method at first but found sometimes the tray wasn't always level with the arm base itself. So now if I'm in for a long nights viewing, I take the arm out of its base and use a level across the base where the arm would sit which I have found to be more accurate and does only take a couple of minutes.

Archived