Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reliable VLC to Registax 6 settings for video conversion

Hi!

I was hoping someone could provide me with settings for VLC so that i can convert Canon .MOV files to something that registax would understand, without loosing any frames even when the video runs at 50 fps. Registax accepts .avi, .mpg, and .mpeg file types. I guess these are containers.. Specifically what I am asking for is which encapsulation(container) should I use and which video codec. and, I guess if applicable, do I need to download additional codecs, and if so where can I find them?

I know some people prefer other software, but there is enough existing information on that subject on this forum, so please keep this to VLC only. 

For those that didn't know, VLC media player has a lot of cool features like media conversion, screen and webcam capture, and even streaming(both receiving and outgoing). So I want to try and use that as much as possible so I don't have to deal with a lot of extra software 

Thanks in advance!

It is the x264vfw codec.

I couldn't actually get VLC to do the conversion, so had to use VirtualDub - but that was some time ago as I remember, so a newer version of VLC might well do it...

Archived