SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eagle nebula

Frenchgow

After a very bad run of weather managed to get out a couple of nights ago,the most beautiful night I can remember,took some subs of the elephant trunk and the eagle neb,after a quick process in gimp,am really made up with the results ,I hope you like,

15x300sec@1600

+ darks,flats and bias

Regards Gow post-40159-0-59627900-1432056804_thumb.jpost-40159-0-48605200-1432056839_thumb.j

I plan on imaging the Eagle in summer in the mountains in Portugal. Nearest street light: 10 miles away in a tiny village. Nearest city: 70 miles away. Can't wait :) great images too love the Elephants Trunk!

Thanks for the comments guys ,I think I was a little fortunate as the seeing conditions were probably as good as I've seen here,

But I've also been eagerly awaiting for this part of the night sky ,If it had been much lower I would have been taking subs of the obshed wall, started taking lights of the eagle about 0200 and finished the run at 0400 not long before the dawn light was due ,Sagittarius will soon be high enough here so looking forward to some more interesting targets,

Regards Gow

Archived