NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

meade dsi

hi

i have been wanting to get into dso imaging and i need some advice. i have been looking at some cheap meade dsi (1) on ebay and was thinking of buying one as they are less then half the price of the dsi 2.

what i would like to kmow is it worth it or should i wait till i can buy a dsi 2, and if so which is better the pro monocrome or the colour..

thanks greatly for your help glen

Hi,

I suppose it depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do. The Pro are (as you are aware) B&W so to get colour you would need to purchase a filter wheel and colour filters. I have the original DSI I and I really like it, it produces pretty decent images and the software is relativly easy to use. I suppose the DSI II and III give higher resolution etc The DSI I is only 640x480 but for the money I think it is good value :(

Hello,

I got into imaging with a DSI pro bought off ebay. The pro should come with colour filters and a filter slide. The filter slide isn't as good as a wheel, but it'll get you up and running ok and you can get pretty decent images with it.

I still have mine and now use it as my guide camera, which it is great for.

The DSI pro2 is undoubtedy a better camera but you can get pretty good results with the original and it'll teach you good imaging discipline too, useful to have before you move to other stuff.

Cheers

Rob

Archived