Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Blue Sky & the Moon

Pig

I have just set my SCT up next to the Esprit so I can look at this wonderful [removed word] of rock that acts as a balance weight for our planet  "The Moon" ....

I don't know If I speak for everyone but I think the Moon looks absolutely fantastic during the light of day..... the contrast of the whites and greys of the Moon floating through the lovely electric blue sky has got to be one of the best sights you can hope to wish for :smiley: 

Just when you think life cant get any better the focus snaps in and the termination comes alive with the cracked and broken tops of craters, some of them even appear to be detached from the surface :laugh:

This is one of those occasions when you are glad a zoom eyepiece is part of your eyepiece set as one can fish about the surface zooming inside the craters as you please.

Right I am off back out before it gets too cold and too dark :shocked:

Your report was very inspiring, thanks for posting it.  I was just outside taking a look at Sol with my 20x80's (not much happening, at least in white light) and I remembered your post, so I pulled the filters off and swung the P-mount over to the high eastern side for a look at Luna.  Wow!  Though the contrast was less than at night, it made up for it with the plain beauty of the experience. Goldschmidt, Plato, Eratosthenes, Tycho and Clavius were well presented near the terminator, and Copernicus was just showing its eastern ramparts on the terminator. The southern highlands were gorgeous.

The blue of the sky does make a wonderful change from the black background and it is just as mesmerising as expressed in your post :smiley: I have always loved the contrast against the blue background but it can not fully appreciated until you look at it through a good scope or binos

Archived