NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M81 and M82

lensman57

Just a simple image of the favourite duo. Taken last night from the back garden. There is a very strange tilt to the optical path as the upper half of the image suffers from elongated stars but the middle is perfect . It seems that the FF went AWOL for the top half of the image. It maybe that the sensor is tilted or the Baader Teflon spacers are warped. It is also interesting to note that with a clear night with reasonable transparency and 1200s subs I expected a lot more signal that I got. I blame the ever increasing LP in Manchester as even 18 months ago with 600s subs and a scope @ F7.2 I got just as much signal if not more.

11 X 1200s processed in PI and PS. Ascension 80mm APO @ F6, QHY8, IDAS D1 and HEQ5 with PHD guiding.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-60262000-1429393658_thumb.p

Bit of noise in the background but otherwise a good image. NGC 3077 is also in there, I see

Thank you for your kind words. I am now more inclined not to do any or at the most very little noise reduction in my processing. The noise in my images are  excessive but I put that down to the local sky and LP, it seems that whatever I do the noise is permanently there so I might as well just live with it.

Regards,

A.G

PS: Now I have to investigate this email that I received from Auriga Imaging regarding an update to RegiStar, about time I'd say.

Archived