NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Using M42 lenses on a DSLR

russ

I'm sure this old news and everyone with a modern SLR (especially Canon) has been using these for years.

While browsing Ebay like I do (a lot....must stop), came across a little adapter that allows the use of old SLR (M42 fit) lenses on current EOS SLR bodies. This grabbed my attention immediately, especially the price as well. Could it be I could press into service all my old Pentax lenses. Well I wasted no time in finding one with Buy it now and the adapter was delivered the following day (yesterday in fact).

Rushed home from work, straight into the loft and after an hour finally located those lenses. Quick test indoors confirmed it worked a treat. Skies cleared briefly around 10pm. Stuck the 10D on the EQ1 and popped into the garden. Only had a chance to try the 200mm (working at 320mm) telephoto before the clouds returned. But those 2 images confirmed it would work.

The 200m is just a cheap Hanimax 200mm but the 55mm (equiv 88mm) and 135mm (equiv 216mm) are both quite nice Carl Zeiss lenses.

Hopefully this weekend i'll roadtest them all and report back.

In the meantime, if you own a Canon EOS DSLR and want some cheap (like a fiver) fixed focal length lenses, this could the ticket.

Regards

Russ

Hi Russ,

Thats good news mate i wonder if they do some that allow old olympus lenes to fit the Eos cameras(300d) ?

Look forward to your report back..

James :lol:

ps:LMAO thanks russ, any chance of a link to there shop/ebay

Just had a quick look and there's quite a lot there for the Olympus 4/3 system, so if you own an Olympus E1, E300 or E500, there's a chance to use older Olympus or Nikon lenses with your DSLR.

Russ

Archived