Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASI 120mm Timeout During Capture

I've recently acquired a 2ndhand ASI120mm and I'm attempting to use it as a guide camera with PHD2. I get PHD set up and guiding fine and leave it to do its thing but when I return I find that PHD has lost its connection to the camera. This is the second session I've tried to use it, the first was interrupted by cloud and I didn't get a chance to test it further. Tonight I've just seen the same thing has happened after being left for 10 minutes.

Any idea what might be causing PHD to lose its connection to the camera? Its the older camera model without the st4 guide port, I'm using the ASI ASCOM driver and I'm running it on a win7 laptop if that's any help. I'm also using a longer 2m cable as the previous owner didn't have the original but he did say he used this cable for guiding and I've had no problems using it with Sharpcap.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Archived