Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepiece Dew Straps & Case Heaters

Mav359

Hi guys

I have a bunch of hyperions which are great but they can suffer from the Dew building up on them a bit. I started building my own dew straps which work a treat everywhere except on the eyepieces.The straps work fine but just aren't effective on the eyepieces. I started another thread in the eyepieces section asking if anyone had hyperions and were EP heaters effective and where they were placing them.

Faulksy replied with a good point, the hyperions are almost wrapped in rubber which will take longer to warm up and now that im thinking they are quite big so i only have a 2.5cm wide strap contacting a relitivley low area of the of the surface of the EP...... so i got to thinking

Can i make wider dew tapes using essentially a double wide ladder (sorry for the paint cut and paste job) and.....

Rather then having to start the warming process over again everytime i change an EP has anyone ever thought about gently warming the EP Case whilst they are sitting in the case next to you awaiting their turn to be used?

Cheers

post-9689-0-17835200-1428518552.jpg

Archived