ISS overhead tonight

Great image!! I don't know how folk manage to snap the ISS. I was out earlier with my 150P chasing the thing at x117 and it's hard work even on an AZ mount. Well worth it though. I could make out the solar panels from the main body. The panels were orange and the main body very bright white. I was thinking how I might get to snap an image but I bet it's hard work chasing it and trying to get focus on a sensor. Are you manually following it or using software through EQ direct or something ??

Great image!! I don't know how folk manage to snap the ISS. I was out earlier with my 150P chasing the thing at x117 and it's hard work even on an AZ mount. Well worth it though. I could make out the solar panels from the main body. The panels were orange and the main body very bright white. I was thinking how I might get to snap an image but I bet it's hard work chasing it and trying to get focus on a sensor. Are you manually following it or using software through EQ direct or something ??

Thanks, manually following. Not easy as you know, it moves so fast especially when it is right overhead. Telescope hand held, focus when it first appears and then hope for the best.

Equinox ED80 + 2xPowermate

Canon 600D 1/1000 sec @ISO1600, RAW, continuous shutter. 

Archived