NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Universal Digital Camera Adapters.

I am sure everyone's seen the camera adapters such as this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Digital-Camera-Adapter-Mount-f-Spotting-scopes-Telescopes-Video-Record/161416469282?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29952%26meid%3D4fc7aedbd398412eb94b82e85fd93aef%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D161206622917&rt=nc hanging about on various websites, but does anyone actually have one, and would they be appropriate for use with smart phones too? As would really not have to buy separate adapters for the point-and-shoot compact cameras that we have, and then for the smart phones.

I am asking this as we shall be embarking on a project on using different methods of photography for various subjects, i.e afocal photography using smart phone, compact camera, and then DSLR, then prime focus photography, then wide angle sky scape shots (SSS) using our DSLR's both piggy backing on the Helios/EQ5 combo for driven shots, as well as on its own tripod.  Separate standing shots will be varied from star trails to meteors/ lightning, possibly aurora, to Milky Way and constellation shots.

Having the adapter(s) for smart phone/compact cameras for use with the refractor, I feel will give the other half a light taste of astrophotography, and pique his interest formore in-depth methods.  I also, am curious on building mosaics of a single target using different methods, for comparison and fun.

Many thanks :p

I have seen a quality metal one and I have to say thought of buying it, it was fairly expensive, the one you show looks a bit plasticy The one I saw had the look that it was going to hold everything in the correct place no matter what.

Alan

I have seen a quality metal one and I have to say thought of buying it, it was fairly expensive, the one you show looks a bit plasticy The one I saw had the look that it was going to hold everything in the correct place no matter what.

Alan

Alan would you be able to provide me with a link? Thanks x

Archived