NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Starting Eyepieces

Oddly if you do not wear glasses the 32mm may give too much eye relief.

It will be about 20-22mm (maybe more) so you could have to hold your head back from the eyepiece.

I assume the idea is have 20mm and 32mm then with the barlow get the equivalent of 10mm and 16mm ?

Hiya,

I had a 130P and bought exactly those EPs to replace the stock items. I found the 9mm Revelation very good, the 20mm okay, and the 32 excellent for wide field viewing. I still use the 9 and 32mm EPs with my 10inch scope! I wouldn't bother with the barlow. Just go for a 9mm EP as this will probably give as much magnification as your scope can handle anyway.

Kev.

I personally would buy a better mid range eyepiece as that you could use the most, I do mine 16mm on Orion for example. A smaller sharp image is nicer to study then a blurry bigger image from a barlow.

Could put the barlow and the 20mm money for now towards a better mid range, look at the bst for example and read and search more to make an informed spend.

Archived